In Dreams… The Solitary Road
S.I.HayesGenre: FantasyPublisher: S.I.HayesDate of Publication: October 1, 2013ISBN-13: 978-1491092118
Number of pages: 206
Word Count: 45k
Cover Artist: S.I.Hayes and Eri Nelson
Dumped in a treacherous Arctic land, Amara Dagon must master her spell craft if she is to survive a year in exile, but fear, doubt and the loss of her family threatens to take hold. Can Amara gain control of her magic or will she succumb to it leaving her people in the hands of a dangerous tyrant?
I am the Co-Author to Awakenings: The Wrath Saga, a paranormal drama likened to Big Brother meets The Real World, of the Preternatural.
I’m currently working on the sequels to In Dreams… Due for release in 2014.
I have a mind that is easily distracted and prone to wandering. Tangents are my forte, and if you think my characters are going to fit a cookie cutter shape of any kind, think again. They live, they love, they eat, sleep and fuck. I believe that people are inherently sexual creatures and my characters be they human or something all together else are no exception.
I don’t adhere to a single genera, I toe the line on several and wouldn’t presume to be a master of any. So I suppose you could call me jack-of-all-trade-paperbacks.
I am a truth seeker, in my life, in my work. I’d apologize for it, but I kinda can’t help m’self. It’s my best and worse personality trait, well mostly, being Bi-Polar I guess you could say that is the worse. But I believe that the disorder has made me, well… Me.
I have taken this life and twisted, carved, shaped and molded it in to the worlds of my characters. Albeit with a chainsaw, and it has made all the difference
I’ve got a chance to meet Amara from In Dreams….The Solitary Road, here is what she had to say. Hope you all like her as much as I do.
1. What is your name? Do you have a nick name?
My name is Amara Dagon, I don’t have a nick name, although I came dangerously close to being called Girlie on one occasion.
2. What is your hair colour and eye colour?
My hair is Raven’s Blue black and my eyes are a reflecting shade of Cerulean Blue.
3. What kind of distinguishing facial feautures do you have?
Hmm, I don’t know that I have and distinguishing features, my eyes and hair tend to be noticed the most frequently. Mostly it’s the hair. *smiles proudly*
4. Do you have a birthmark or scars and where is it. If scars where did they get it from?*blushes I’ll admit to a birthmark on y lower back that resembles a couple of cherries. But I’m not sure if they are still visible, as my back was recently mangled by some nasty bugger while I was in the caverns near The Braithorian Mountains. Couldn’t tel ya what it was cuz I kinds melted the fucker.
5. Who are your friends and family?
I’d really rather not talk about my home if that’s okay. *shifts uneasily*
6. Who are the people you are closest to, who do you wish to be close to?
Those who mattered most to me are gone. Taken from me by those who should have protected me.
7. Where were you born? Where did you live since then? Where is home?
I don’t really talk about that, for now I’m just moving through the world, with not much more than the bag on my back, my sword and my bow.
8. What is your biggest fear. Who had you told this to. Who would you never tell this to, and why?
I’ll not be sharing that anytime soon. The last time I went there people died…
9. Do you have a secret?
I have many. That’s what makes them secrets.
10. What makes you laugh out loud?
A smile from a child.
11. What is one strong memory that has stuck with you from childhood. Why is it so powerful and lasting?
I have memories of my father’s death… Fires haunt my dreams keeping me from rest… Those memories of smoke and blood will never leave me, nor will the guilt of my hand in them…
12. You’re going for a night out. Where do you go? What do you wear? Who will you be with?
Every night is a night out when you travel like a dandelion on the wind. If I’ve stoped somewhere I often try to find a good place to nosh, and get a drink where there may be a bed and a bath nearby.
13. What do you most value in friends?
Honesty, respect, and an open mind are a great foundation for any one I keep company with.
14. Which words or phrases do you over-use?
Hmm. I don’t really know. I’m prone to “It is what it is”
15. If your character could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
The curses of my birth…
16. Which talent do you have or wish to have?
I am a spellcaster by birth and I wish that everything I touched didn’t eventually burn…